Thursday, February 3, 2011

Be careful where you stuff your face!

Yesterday, as I was wolfing down a Veggie Works burrito from Del Taco with one hand and driving with the other, I was reminded of a time when I was pregnant with Lizzy . . .

The event: Ethics class for my real estate license. The time: Mid-day, lunch. The sitch: I was super pregnant and super HUNGRY!

On my way home from the class in Lake Forest (about 40 minutes away from my home), I decided to grab a sandwich and eat it on the run. The sandwich was falling apart at the seams, so I decided to stuff it in my mouth as quickly as I could. I knew I was a sight but thought, "At least no one sees me."

Three days later at church, my friend Maryam called to me from across the foyer: "I saw you! I saw you! You were stuffing your face in the car in Lake Forest!" She then proceeded to imitate my sandwich-eating in front of at least ten other friends!

Apparently she was also driving in her car and spotted me on the road. I have to admit it was a pretty good impression!

4 comments:

mfk1022 said...

Thats funny I was just talking to my cousin about this very thing today.(She's due Feb 14th).She was starving and said she can't believe how hungry she gets!

Fiona (Phebes) said...

and you thought you were alone! ha

=)

Phebes

Lovely blog..

Sherry of IN said...

Just when you think, "Oh, no one I know will see me", that is when you get caught. This was too funny.

Michael Osmond said...

Ha! Miss ya Amy. Hope you guys are doing well.