Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I Changed My Mind"

Jenny and Lizzy are taking swimming lessons at the public pool on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Lizzy is potty trained, but Jenny is not.

Before I put Jenny in the pool (with plastic pants and a swim diaper), I told her, "Jenny, don't go to the bathroom in the pool."

"Okay, Mommy," was the response.

The swimming lesson went, well, swimmingly. And when it was over, I attempted to have a bonding moment with my two-year-old. I scooped up Jenny into my arms and said, "Jenny, great job! I'm so proud of you!"

All of a sudden, I felt a warm gush running down the entire length of my body. Jeff, who was watching the scene, commented: "I think she peed on you."

"Did you pee on me, Jenny?" I asked.

She innocently replied, "No." But then she thought about it for a second, smiled mischievously, and said, "I changed my mind."

2 comments:

Tonda B said...

That is so cute Amy! Your kids are great with all the funny things they say. :)

Denise said...

that is so cute. enjoy your kids while they are this little amy. they grow up quickly.