Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pierced Ears!

Yesterday, Jeff and I took the kids and Maia's friend Kylie to the mall. Maia and Lizzy got the idea that Lizzy should get her ears pierced. Lizzy was super excited about it, but she looked a little nervous . . .

Once Jenny saw that Lizzy got earrings and a lollipop, she stepped up to the plate.

"Do you want us to hold your hand, Jenny?" we asked repeatedly.

"No." She was stoic, even when the Hello Kitty earrings pierced her ears. Her only tell was the leg that kicked three times after the pierce. Her first words belied her true intentions for hoisting herself into the chair: "Can I have a lollipop?"



Here's the happy group of girls with their new earrings--and lollipops!

5 comments:

Ralph & Debbie said...

How cute. I bet they love them. I got all three of my daughters ears done when they were six weeks old. They just jumped but kept sucking there bottle. People said you should wait to let them decide if they wanted it done. I figured when older they could just take them out if that was the case. None did of course. At 25, 23 and 19 they still have them in. It healed really fast at that age and none had any problems with pulling on them or anything, it was just part of them, they knew no different.

MisterE@aol.com said...

Amy,

I am sorry to write you on this site but I really like your Adventures in Book Publishing site but I can't get to leave a comment and I don't know why. Can You help? I really like the insight to Publishing since I am a writer and I am trying to find a Publisher.

Thank You,
Leslie

Amy Osmond Cook said...

Hi Debbie,
I totally agree. Nothing cuter than little girls with sparkly ears!

Amy Osmond Cook said...

Hi Leslie,

I changed the configuration and tried it out to make sure the comments section works. It works now. Let me know if you have any other problems! Thanks!

Sherry of IN said...

Just saw this - you have brave little girls - I'm still too chicken to get my ears pierced and I'm OLDER THAN DIRT - LOL!!! Cute.