Sunday, December 27, 2009

A New Direction

I'd like to take a new direction with this blog . . . so tired of academics! Instead, I want to write about the things that are most important to me--my family, my children, my friends, and the relationships that give life meaning. It will be much more fun to write!

Tonight, for example, I was supposed to finish a syllabus for my organizational identification class. Instead, I made dinner with my sisters, talked about pajama pants and fuzzy slippers, and played Guesstures with my kids (with occasional participation by my husband).

I need a place to write about the funny stuff of life. Like when my sister Michelle wipes her teeth with her napkin after meals ("to get the sugar off") or when my brother Steve impersonates Santa on the phone. So I'm putting away my books for a while and looking around to see what is going on around me.

5 comments:

Lu Ann Brobst Staheli said...

I like it, Amy. We all need a place to release and just be ourselves, and a blog is a great place to do that.

Erica said...

And Mom blogs can be so much fun!

carolyne b said...

Welcome back to blogging world Amy....it seems like its been sometime since you blogged. Mostly acedemic stuff. Parenthood is better. And of course so is the Gospel.

Natalie Redd said...

Amy I'm so glad you're blogging again. I am so proud of you for getting your doctorate, you are one amazing chick to say the least. Love ya, Nat

Anonymous said...

When is Jeff's and Jenny's biethdays?