Thursday, January 13, 2011

Words by Jenny

Isn't it amazing how much children learn by age two? Experts say that a child's capacity for language is virtually unlimited until age six. But even with a super-smart absorbent brain, the English language can be confusing for a two-year-old, as I found out this week. Here are a couple of my favorite Jenny-isms:

On Sunday at church:
Jenny: "I want to go to Mystery!"
Amy: "Mystery? What's that?"
Jenny: "You play with toys."
Amy: "Oh, Nursery?"
Jenny: "Yes, Mystery!"

Before preschool on Wednesday. She points to her dress:
Jenny: "I have coconuts."
Amy: "Coconuts? What are those?"
Jenny: "Circles."
Amy: "Oh, polkadots. What a cute dress!"

4 comments:

mfk1022 said...

Wow feb.28th you really do look good! I'll be thinking of you. I used to know all your birth dates. for example yours is Nov 26th right? I lost track with your generation can't imagine keeping track now!.Maybe I'll try to research it for you.( Hey I'll do anything to keep from being bored and trying to stay on my diet)Ha!I was always amazed your grandma knew all the dates.Good Luck in February and btw I love Jenny she sounds like a handful!

momrock said...

I love the thinks little ones say...they are the best!

momrock said...

I love the things little ones come up with. My granddaugher can put us in the floor sometimes

Kathlyn Osmond said...

Jenny's so cute! I miss you all!