Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mah Head

Jenny, our two-year-old, is one tough cookie. When other girls (i.e., Lizzy and Maia) fall down and cry, Jenny shakes it off and keeps on running.



You can often find Jenny wrestling with Jacob (our ten-year-old) and Lizzy (our three-year-old). When she wrestles Lizzy, she always wins. When she wrestles with Jake, she still always wins. You'll never hear a cry from Jenny unless there's blood.

The other day, Jenny was racing around the kitchen table--underfoot and making mischief, as usual. Suddenly, I heard a loud THUNK. Fearing the worst, I braced myself and waited for the ear-piercing scream. When I didn't hear a sound, I looked over at Jenny in time to see her put her hand to her head and say in her low raspy baby voice, "Mah Head." She paused for half a second, then continued her race around the table.

Jeff already has her pegged as a soccer player.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like she inherited her father's genes. Let's hope she is not as emergency room prone as he was!

Kathlyn Osmond said...

Jenny is so big and darling! I miss her and all of my Cookies!

Diane P. said...

Amy, it's amazing all you've been able to do simultaneously as a well-rounded woman! Having completed your PhD while raising your family must have been no easy task. And it seems you have the will of your mom now that you've embarked on yet another venture with this blog (among other things). You are an inspiration, even to us in our 50s! Please keep it up! ~ Diane P.

Amy Osmond Cook said...

We miss you too, Mom!

Amy Osmond Cook said...

Thank you for your kind words, Diane! I love to be compared to my mom. But she is much more tenacious than I am. Give her a computer problem, and she'll spend 3 days on the phone with technology people--and be nice the whole time! Last year, she and the tech guy were on a first-name basis, talking about everything from the roast she was making to the weather outside.

Amy Osmond Cook said...

Melissa, I couldn't agree more. Jenny reminds me more of Jeff every day. So far, her falls have been minor. But she's a daredevil, and I've already had to tell her to get off the stair railing!