Monday, June 28, 2010

Pizza!

My nephew, Noah, is a funny kid. He is two years of complete mischief wrapped into the cutest package you've ever seen. Don't let the wispy baby hair, round blue eyes, and garbled words deceive you--this kid is smart!

A few months ago, my daughter Maia and I visited Sarah and her husband, Adam, in Chicago. Noah was about 18 months old at the time. They had just moved to Chicago and didn't know anyone, yet. The one visitor they had was the pizza delivery boy.

Sarah said that Noah knew the pizza man was coming every time the doorbell rang. I thought that was funny but pretty hard to believe. He was 18 months old, after all. How could Noah know the pizza man was coming just by the sound of a doorbell?

Later that day, we had ordered pizza and were sitting at the table waiting for it to arrive. As expected, the doorbell rang. "Pizza!" Noah called out, clear as a bell. And I just about fell off my chair.

Pavlov's dogs aren't the only ones that can be classically conditioned!

1 comment:

Anita said...

He's obviously going to be 1 smart boy - just like his grandpa :)