Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Birthdays :(

This month is birthday month for my family. Grandpa and Anneli's b-days are on August 20. Dad's is on August 28. Michelle's is on August 30. Steve's is on Sept. 6. And Sarah's is on Sept. 20. I'm missing ALL of them!

I love living in California, but I always feel sad during this time of the year. Yesterday I talked to Sar, and they were getting ready for Michelle's pizza party. Today, I talked to Shell, and she was talking about her b-day. Yesterday, I talked to Dad about his big 60. A few minutes ago, I looked at Mom's blog and saw all of the pics of Dad. And I'm going to miss Steve and Sar on their b-days, too.

As an adult, I am starting to understand what it must have been like for Dad to have missed our birthdays growing up. Of course, WE were sad when he couldn't be there--but now I understand how hard it must have been for him.

Okay, that was depressing. Maybe it's my pregnancy hormones.

5 comments:

MARJA said...

Ahw, it's not depressing, you just miss them. Think of the times you DO see each other, it makes those moments extra special! :o) Big hug!

mfk1022 said...

It's ok Amy.I am sure they missed you too.Maybe you can plan a trip home to share your birthday with them>You can go at Thanksgiving and celebrate both!!!!Take care and remember to put your feet up so and relax every now and then!

Amy Osmond Cook said...

You know, that's a good idea. I should go back to Branson for Thanksgiving--I've been thinking about doing that for a few years. It's just the cost of flying 7 people back is a little daunting :). Thanks for the encouragement :).

Unknown said...

Aww, Amy. Its not depressing. You miss them. Have you ever thought about moving back home, but it never cross you mind?

I think even though Wayne missed a lot of your birthdays growing up, look how you and your sibling turned out. You have love for each other and your parents. Some children of famous stars would had hated their parents today because they weren't there when they were growing up.

3 of 5 of your siblings are in Utah now. I know your parents are happy to have them close by and they can see their grandchildren. I say when you have time during the year, visit them.

Amy Osmond Cook said...

You're right, Shundra--I need to be grateful for the great family I do have. Thanks for the encouragement!