Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hope After Divorce


We recently published a book called Hope After Divorce. It is a collection of essays written by Christian women who have found hope through the Atonement of Christ. We published it because the other authors and I wished we had something like this when we were going through our divorces.

We never thought this would make money, but we wanted to do it because we thought it was an important book to write. A few days ago, I received the most wonderful email: "I read your book, Hope after Divorce. It is great. I cried and saw myself in so many of the stories. The one that hit home the most was Fairy Tales. I would advise anyone to read this book, for it is so inspiring. My book looks like one of my old school books with all the highlighting throughout it. Ha! But true! Thank you and all involved. I will be going back to it many times."

I am so grateful to this woman, because this comment alone made all of the work on the book worth it. I'm so happy that though these authors have all had such difficult experiences (one woman's husband left her to die in the middle of a 4-mile lake!), they have given so much of themselves and are now benefiting the lives of others.

3 comments:

Tonda B said...

That is wonderful that your book is helping people heal Amy. What did Wayne decide to do regarding a book about his cancer experience?

Homemade Easy said...

Happy this is now other there. So could have used this in 1992! BUT, I know a Sister, that will need it now. THANKS for posting!

bj54 said...

I LOVE this book.I see myself in so many of the stories. I would advise anyone to pick up this book . You will love it, even if you have not or are not going through a divorce.The ladies in this book are so brave and inspireing.It lets you know that you are not alone and the Lord is always watching over us.That we all have our trials to work through. And how with the Lord's help/love, we will indure.The ladies in this book are so special. To think so much of helping others, they wrote down painful events that they had gone through . Thank you all, for everyone can use this book to remind us that bad things do happen to good people.But, you must look for the lesson learned and use it for better yourself.I plan on giving this book as christmas gifts.It has helped me so much. To me it is a best seller!!