Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Deep Thoughts, by Jake





Two days ago, Jake handed me a book and said, "Read my life skills book, Mom." There are some gems in there that I had to share.

Here's how Jake would communicate with an alien: "I would create a body language you would communicate with your eyes. For example, 4 blinks equals 'hot dog.'"

Here's what Jake would tell his stressed-out teacher to do: "I suggest she makes a schedule to keep track of all her work so she knows when she has free time. Another way I do it is to eat food when my blood sugar is low, because sometimes being hungry makes things seem a lot worse than they are."

Here's what Jake would do with a million dollars: "My mom, dad, grandpa, and grandma would have me save it. My sister Maia would probably try to get her a pie store. My friends would try to get me to buy new video games. I would save some, buy a tiny, and give all the rest away."

Here's what Jake would tell a unicorn with low self-esteem: "It's okay to be different, and actually you're similar to more animals than you know. YOu're super similar to the horse. You're also similar to the donkey. See? You are also very likeable. I bet you could make friends if you tried."

Those are great words of wisdom, Jakie!

3 comments:

mfk1022 said...

Love Jakes advice.Matter of fact my doctor told me to eat small meals several times a day to make sure my blood sugar stays level!!!Sounds like Jake is going to be a great leader some day!

Stacy said...

Love it! I'm blinking 4 times....a hot dog would be pretty good right now!

Tonda B said...

Jake is a very smart young man. He has great ideas.:)