Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's a . . . Girl!

I went to the Doctor, yesterday, and it is confirmed: We are having another girl! We are so excited!

I was a little worried that Jeff would be disappointed. He wants to have another boy, and one that will carry on the Cook name. But he was really excited to have another little girl, because he loves Maia, Lizzy, and Jenny so much. They're all so different, it will be interesting to see what this little girl's personality will be like.

It was fun to see the baby on the ultrasound, too. Even though she only weighs half a pound, it's amazing how all of her body parts are already developed.

We really like the name "Allie," but I'm not sure about "Allison." Could you call someone "Allie" if her full name is "Alicia" or "Alexis?" Are there any other good names that can be shortened to "Allie?" Or should we just name her "Allie?" So many decisions ;).

10 comments:

Becca Jones said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

Lots of people shorten Alexis and Alexandra to Allie.

Allie is a REALLY cute name!

Melissa said...

We're so happy for you guys...go girls! How about Alejandra? :)

mfk1022 said...

Congratulations!Maybe the third Osmond generation is making up for the first generations lack of girls!!!!All the best for a healthy happy little girl.Maybe your son can hang out with your Aunt she I'm sure can give him a clue on living with a house full of siblings of the opposite sex!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Amy. I knew you were having another girl. I feel bad for Jacob. Is he ok with another girl in the house?

I think Allie is a beautiful name, Amy. I say go for that name. Allie Cook. It flows.

Congrats again.

Forwards Fun! said...

Yeah . . . I have a friend who's name is Allee, and that's what her parents named her!

My mom did the same thing, in our family we have Rod, Rick and Jan. And that's all! These are not nicknames shortened . . . that's their given names!

Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on another girl, but your poor son will be feeling left out - re the name Allie - What about spelling it with an "e" - Ellie which is a name in its own right, or else it could be short for Ellen. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Kiwi Karen

Kathlyn Osmond said...

We're so excited for a beautiful new granddaughter! My great-great-grandmother's name was Allison Watson who married Robert Simpson. After they were married they sailed from London to New York, took a train to Nebraska and then walked all across the plains to Utah. Her parents had already come to Utah and it was a joyous reunion. Her mother was wearing a sunbonnet when she first saw her in the distance and that was the first time that Allison had ever seen one. From then on Allison always had a clean sunbonnet to put on and made them for her children and grandchildren. That would mean Allie could be named after her great-great-great-great grandmother.

Stacy said...

Congratulations Amy! I'm sure a new little girl will be a blessing to your family! I had a friend who had a daughter named Alathea. I think they said it was biblical, but I'm not sure of where or the meaning right now! Anyway, they called her Allie for short, a really cute name!

I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing! :)

KayRenee said...

I love the name Ali - or Allie! I love the name Alexandra or Alexandria! Whatever you name her, it's going to be a beautiful name!

Jinafer Marie Sharp said...

Hi Amy That's great another Osmond girl....Learn all about digital storybooking visit my website

www.digitalcreationsbyjinafer.com

It's easy

Jinafer Sharp