Thursday, October 28, 2010

How did she do it?

Jenny . . . or should we say Houdini, has been having trouble staying in her crib. She needs naps--I mean, she really needs naps! But she has trouble settling down and ends up wandering the room and the halls during naptime.

Yesterday, I decided to put up the dreaded Crib Tent. This is a little mesh tent that goes on top of the crib. It's safe, but it prevents children like my Jenny to get out and wander around. Or so I thought.

Today, I put Jenny down for a nap, turned on the white noise, and shut the door. I didn't hear anything, so I put Lizzy down for a nap in my room and fell asleep for a few minutes.

When I woke up, I decided to check on Jenny and see if she was still asleep. She was sleeping peacefully, but she wasn't in the crib tent! Astounded, I inspected the crib tent--and it was still zipped up. I still have no idea how she got out!

3 comments:

L said...

Tricky little one! Perhaps a video monitor might be good idea with this angel? We purchased one at Radio Shack and loved it! Found it hilarious to watch when we had toddler. :-) Might help you unravel the mystery...

Julie said...

Jenny is so cute! Funny isn't is when they sometimes make things child-proof children still seem to find a way of opening them, or in Jenny's case, still getting out of her cot! (crib)

Glad Jenny was ok.

mfk1022 said...

you will have to change her name to Houdini!!