Saturday, July 24, 2010

Jake's funny, sweet letter to his sisters

Jake has a pretty vivid writing voice--his sense of humor comes out more in his writing than anywhere else. I had to share this hilarious note I found at the bedside tables of each of his sisters. It reads:



My amazing sisters

For many of you brothers who think their sisters are idiots.

As you know, most brothers despise their sisters or are envious of them. Well, for me, they are not burdens, or pirates, or deadweights dragging me down. To me they are sweet angels that live with me. Many of you probably think I'm crazy, but I need my sisters around to keep me company. Surprisingly, they will play games I like to play like Pokemon or Star Wars. I love my sisters and so should you.

I love you girls!

Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever seen a 10-year-old boy write to his little pesky sisters?

7 comments:

Anja said...

Very, very sweet. I've got two boys and I know that boys can be rude on the outside but most of them have a little sweet heart on the inside. My boys where so sweet when their two nieces had to come live with us. The girls were only 7 and 4 when they couldn't live with their parents anymore and my boys were 13 an 5. Since then they grew up like brothers and sisters. Especially the two youngest ones are very fond of eachother. They shared a room for years and we sometimes call them "the twins".
It's so sweet of Jake to write this note and tell his sisters he loves them. He must be a special boy.
Love from The Netherlands,
Anja

mfk1022 said...

That is sweet.You will have to save it and read it to them on their wedding days!!!!

Anita said...

HMMM- is Jake after something off his sisters:)

Seriously, that is a lovely thing to do - and to put it in writing too so they can keep to show him in months and years to come and remind him what he said if he changes his mind:)

Kathlyn Osmond said...

That is the cutest letter I've ever seen a brother write to his sisters! Can't wait to see you all soon!

Melissa said...

Yes! Not many 10 year olds are as cool as Jake. :)

Stacy said...

Soooo sweet! I loved my daughter have an older brother that not only loved her but was very protective as they got older! Sounds like Mr. Jake is on the right track to being the BEST big bro for your girls!!

Rachel said...

That is the sweetest thing I have read. My girl is her brothers princess and they adore her as well as annoy her.
But in the end they are all their for each other.

One time one of her brothers even wrote a Haiku poem about her for homework.