Friday, July 2, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever

School is out for the summer! And I've been trying to think of fun things to do with my kiddies. We heard about a great place in Carlsbad, CA, where you pick your own strawberries and thought it sounded fun. So my friend Lizzy and I headed down to the strawberry fields and brought 9 kids with us!



It was a cloudy day but didn't rain--thank goodness. The kids ran back and forth through the strawberry patch, putting strawberries into their buckets, eating as many as they could stuff in their mouths, and throwing the rotten ones at each other.






Jake, my little man, was vital to the success of the operation. He and his two friends Luke and Parker made sure that the girls were fully entertained. Lizzy's twin girls, Abby and Madelyn, were particularly taken with the boys' charms.





Lizzy, ever the princess, made sure that she picked the strawberries delicately without getting her hands dirty. She also flirted a lot with Lizzy's boy Michael. We are crossing our fingers that they continue to have a crush on each other.





Maia was all business when it came to picking strawberries. Look how seriously she is taking this.



And Jenny had perhaps the most fun running through all of the rows of strawberries. I had to keep an eye on her, though, because the top of her head was barely visible above the strawberry plants.



The strawberry fields were tons of fun! The kids had a blast, and the fun continued when Maia and her friend decided to make jam two days later. That was my first time making jam, as well. It turned out as well as could be expected for two first-timers.

6 comments:

Kathlyn Osmond said...

They all look so much older. Lizzy's hair is darker and Jenny's hair is lighter than I remember. Looks like everyone is having a great time! Can't wait to see you all in August!

Stacy said...

Another Osmond blog to keep up with! I'm loving it but now trying to find a way to keep up with my new 'to do's' on my list of many!! :) You and your Mom both have a flair of writing and have made me smile today! Beautiful kids and family, definitely what it's all about! Blog on new friend!

Sarah said...

I am just in shock that you took pictures. Hahaha! love you, sister!

Amy Osmond Cook said...

The funny thing is, Sar, that I didn't take them--my friend sent them to me! You know me too well!

Unknown said...

They are all such cuties. I can imagine Jenny running through the fields at breakneck speed. She is such a little firecracker. What a fun thing to do. I want to try that jam. You are becoming quite the cook. Jam, apple pie, cornbread....what next?

Unknown said...

They are all such cuties. I can imagine Jenny running through the fields at breakneck speed. She is such a little firecracker. What a fun thing to do. I want to try that jam. You are becoming quite the cook. Jam, apple pie, cornbread....what next?